Sunday, March 28, 2010

One Night in Zurich


It's Music Week in Tallinn. Everybody is there. Except I! Before total desperation hit me I saw a poster advertising some m4music.ch event, which by the looks of it was some trance party event. I forgot about the poster, but by weekend I got nice summaries of concerts in Tallinn and after some searching I found the poster and the web address again. After about 30sec. of thinking I bought the online ticket for 45CHF (single day pass, festival pass 4 days, including demo tape presentations and some discussion panels about internet music, would have been 88CHF, so must be smarter next time). Getting online ticket was as easy as back in Estonia, except for the stupid pin calculator requirement that comes with the postbank card. With 40 minutes left I printed out the ticket and left to find the old ship building factory (called Halle) which hosted the event. Actually there were several stages in different parts of the building (Box, Moods) as I learned later. Finding the place was kinda easy, since everybody was going that way, except the guy I was secretly following at first...
Beer is 6CHF +1CHF for the bottle and smoking seems to be mandatory indoors. These swiss can smoke like chimneys, but ok, this is what we had back in E some 5-6 years ago. The first band was a German group covering Kraftwerk (pic above from Das Modell). I must point out the excellent sound quality - no loose object resonating, whole sound spectrum was audible - just great, but ok the band wasn't energetic enough, so more beers were required... last songs seemed to be quite good :) Original Kraftwerk was better of course!
Then came Bonaparte, a swiss group, the reason I was there, because when quickly listening to band demos I found this stuck between electronic music bands and decided to buy the ticket. Crowds were gathering... bout 4 times more than for the previous group... looked promising :)


Well this was something else, better than good. It started with solo, similar to the Eldest Rocker Harald from Livonia, and just got better as the band members appeared with costumes :) Finally it was totally punk! pointless to try to describe, a verry small part of it can be seen below in the video... :):):) Be going back next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment